We understand that a pandemic has changed the norms of your facial routine, but as the festive season approaches, it’s mandatory to look your best. Every beauty savant knows that removal of facial hair improves dull complexion and gives you that flawless makeup look instantly. Other than face shaving, you can surely consult your dermatologist and opt for the procedure of dermaplaning—a physical form of exfoliation where a dermatologist or licensed aesthetician uses a surgical scalpel (not scary as it sounds) to remove dead skin off your face. It removes small, fuzzy hair (aka peach fuzz), so your face glows and feels softer. But, why splurge when you can get similar benefits right from the comfort of home.
The multiple benefits of removing peach fuzz mimics the genius results of this aesthetician approved process. Shaving your face not only makes setting up your makeup base smooth but also extracts dead cells sheltering on the top layer of your skin. That’s not all! This perfectly safe method also promotes blood circulation and allows skincare actives to penetrate better into the skin to combat the skin issues.
Follow these Steps to Shave your Face at Home
Step 1 – Wash your face: Before starting any skincare routine, always cleanse your skin. Use a gentle face wash or a mild cleanser for a smooth shaving process. It makes the ingrown hair soft and also clears out all the grime trapped in the pores. You can also use a gentle exfoliator to dual cleanse your face.
Step 2 – Apply shaving gel: Always use a shaving gel or cream before using your razor. It helps your damp skin to deflect friction and prevent irritation and redness. It also promotes a smooth shaving process. Wet your entire face, and then apply a thin layer of gel.
Step 3 – Shave in the same direction: Here comes the critical part! Slightly tilt your razor blade at a 45-degree angle and place it against your skin. Once you get a still hold of it, use short, light strokes to shave the hair in the same direction it grows. You can also use the other hand to tighten the skin and prevent the razor from tugging or skipping.
Step 4 – Rinse and moisturize: Splash your face with cold water and remove the leftover fuzzies. Follow it up with a gentle water-based moisturizer to calm the skin and nourish it from within. Avoid using active serums immediately after the shave.
Checkout More Peach Fuzz Removal Methods!
1. Tweezing: It’s one of the easiest methods to remove hair from your face. You just have to take a tweezer and pluck out the hair from the roots. It can be a little painful depending upon your tolerance, but it’s effective, especially if you want instant grooming of your eyebrows.
2. Epilation: Epilators work similarly to tweezing and shaving. The only difference is that it eliminates facial hair by grabbing multiple strands and removing them. It extracts the grown hair from the roots, which takes longer to grow them back.
3. Threading: Another option for removing unwanted hair is threading. This method uses a third, which pulls out the facial hair from the roots, and the results can last longer than shaving and tweezing.
4. At-home waxing: Yes, you can do your favourite waxing even at home. You can also DIY your own wax instead of using a simple wax strip to get that smooth skin. If you are sporting thick hair, waxing may be a better fit.
- Simply add 1 cup of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water to a medium-sized pot.
- Bring the mix to a boil in high heat and make sure to stir.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, reduce the heat and keep going. Wait until the mixture turns golden brown and the consistency matches the usual wax.
- Transfer it to the bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Once it is warm and thick, hold the wax with the tips of your fingers and spread it across the hairy area.
- Pull the skin tight and pull off the wax in a fast moment.
- Always rip off the wax parallel to the skin.