In the world of skincare, one product that guarantees blemish-free, glowing and smooth skin is a cleanser. The quickest way to wash off dirt and makeup, right? Not so fast, regular cleansing with a correctly formulated product ensures that your skin is ready to fight off those germs.
But, before we tell you which cleanser is perfect for your skin type, let’s understand the benefits of cleansing and the other factors that culminate in you having healthy, radiant-looking skin!
What Is A Facial Cleanser And The Benefits Of Using One
When it comes to a good cleanser, all you need is that it essentially removes buildup, dirt, makeup, and other unwanted particles—keeping your face clean, fresh and ready for the next step in your skincare. While some of us might feel like giving this step a miss, do try not to. It is imperative to cleanse your face correctly, by opting for a cleanser that suits your skin type. Yes! With the sheer number of cleansers available, it’s hard to pick the perfect one. So how exactly are you going to find your perfect match? Read below and find out!
Cleanser Vs Face Wash: Which One Should You Use?
If you are wondering that both cleaners and face wash do the similar job of cleansing residue from your face you are wrong. Facewash is often formulated with astringent ingredients that controls your excess oil production, so for all oily pals, face wash can be an ideal choice for you. The foaming texture in the facewash ensures that it deeply cleanses your pores, stripping out all the trapped grime. However, if you have sensitive skin or dry skin, these face washes can be a bit harsh on the skin. On the other hand, facial cleansers not only get rid of your skin’s dirt and impurities, but are also gentle. They primarily focus on the cleansing, hydrating and retaining moisture in the skin all at the same time.
Luckily, many cleansers are infused with active ingredients – think vitamin C, or acne-busting salicylic acid that not just boosts skin’s texture but also resolves specified skin problems. Regardless of whichever you choose, make sure to read the ingredients and foresee that it doesn’t irritate and works according to your skin type.
It’s Time To Pick The Right Cleanser For Gorgeous Skin!
But before, want to know about the diverse variety of cleansers?
1. Foaming Facial Cleansers: A light foaming cleanser sweeps off all the trapped impurities and makeup chilling on your face from that long tiring day. It also helps soften your skin without over-drying and causing an itchy feel.
2. Gel Facial Cleansers: Gel cleanser comes with a lightweight, hydrating formula that effectively removes light makeup, moisturizes skin and leaves it feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
3. Lotion or Cream Facial Cleansers: If skin moisturization and cleansing is your ultimate goal, then opt for a lotion or cream based cleanser. The silky texture effectively removes makeup along with other skin impurities and dirt. However, if you’re someone who uses waterproof makeup products, you may want to consider investing in a micellar water to ensure complete product removal.
4. Oil-Based Facial Cleansers: For all your heavy makeup users, using an oil-based facial cleanser will surely do the job. It aids in removing makeup thoroughly and leaves skin feeling soft and supple. Also, if you’re someone who loves double cleansing, then try using an oil-based cleanser as the first step followed by a lotion, gel or cream-based product for complete skin cleansing.
5. Micellar Water or Liquid Makeup Removers: The cult-favourite micellar water removes stubborn makeup along with the resting grime without leaving a greasy layer on your skin. Most of the time, we tend to not rinse off these products from the surface of our skin after use. However, it is advisable not to leave any cleansing agents on the skin for longer.
6. Facial Cleansing Wipes: Want a travel friendly option that quickly cleanses your skin without having to wash or rinse? Cleansing wipes are your BFF. These can be a great, effective cleansing method, especially when they don’t leave a sticky feel to the skin after use.
How to Pick A Cleanser as Per your Skin Type
Normal Skin: If you have normal skin, consider yourself blessed! Your skin neither goes through extra dryness nor witnesses oily glands. This doesn’t mean that you can skip your cleanser. The clean skin supports other skincare products that penetrate better into the skin and do their job. A lotion textured facial cleanser is an ideal pick for you.
Combination Skin: Both sensitive and combination skin benefits form an ultra- gentle cleanser. Some common aspects of combination skin is oily T-zone and drier skin around your skin. Hence, such skin types need a cleanser that is powerful for oily parts but also is gentle on the dry parts. A foam or gel based cleanser will do its job effectively. It balances skin’s Ph levels amidst cleansing and boosting hydration.
Oily Skin: If you have oily skin, welcome to the world of enlarged pores and shiny complexion. All of this is caused by excessive sebum production. For such a skin type, opting for a gel cleanser is ideal as it helps remove all excess sebum without irritating the skin. Look for ingredients like aloe vera and tea tree oil that supports clarity, balances pH levels and prevents breakouts.
Dry Skin: Dry skin usually tends to be itchy, flaky or generally tight. For such a skin type, a cream-based cleanser with moisturizing ingredients and fatty acids should work best. They clean away grime and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils along with hydrating and nourishing your skin too!