Thinner or fuller looking lips – they’re all a beautiful illusion that you can create yourself. Here’s how!
Contouring has been elevated from a makeup hack to an art. Face contouring has been discussed at length, but lip contouring is another ball game altogether. It can create the illusion of a perfect set of lips and the very real confidence of a Goddess! From Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian to Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie, a fuller pout is always loved and desired. It can create depth and dimension just like contouring one’s cheek. And if you too can’t wait to achieve fuller looking lips, without any injections, we can help you out. All you need are a few makeup products and some contouring skills to achieve the lip you want – leaner or plumper and most importantly defined to match YOU!
But first, a few things to begin with:
Exfoliate your lips: Lip scrubs can help with good exfoliation will help rid of the dead skin and get the blood flowing. If in need of a DIY scrub, mix some sugar and lemon, or just use a clean toothbrush. Massage your lips gently in circular motions to expose the healthy natural colour of your lips.
Prime and conceal: Once you’ve scrubbity scrubbed, give your lips – a layer of primer and then concealer or foundation. Now your lips are your canvas and we move onto creating the masterpiece!
- Step 1: User a lip liner – a shade darker than the lipstick you plan to use; and make an “X” above your cupid’s bow – the V-shaped dip at the center of your upper lip. In case you want thinner looking lips, skip step 1, but apply the base foundation correctly to conceal real shade of your lips.
- Step 2: For plumper looking lips, move from your Cupid’s bow to the outside of your natural lip shape to create fuller-looking lips. Fill your lips and face the lip liner as you move towards the center. If you want thinner lips, color inside the natural line of your lips very gently. Now, girls, we want a little oomph, a little hide and seek, so be gentle with this step – too much of anything isn’t good.
- Step 3: Apply your lipstick on the lips carefully inside the lines you have created with your lip liner in Step 2.
- Step 4: Grab your clear lip gloss or a pick shade that matches or is closest to the shade of your lipstick. Apply a dab of the gloss onto the middle of both of your lips. Tip: If needed, apply highlighter at the center of your lips and dab it upwards.
- Step 5: Finish it off by neatly re-doing the concealer outside your work of art to give the perfect finish!