From gorgeous anarkalis to polka dot sarees, these makeup looks will surely level up your red toned outfits.
Hey gorgeous wives! Although all festive days might look different this year, nothing can dampen the excitement of dressing up and indulging with loved ones. Red trumps your favourite pick for karwa chauth celebrations, and we know this year is no different. Be it an OTT karwa chauth look in a saree or anarkalis, every red demands an equally decadent makeup look. Whether you choose a dramatic eye or classic red lip, always keep your base strong and unleash that ethereal beauty. Plus, recreate these looks for your bridal makeup blog.
So ladies, amidst calming yourself from those hunger pangs, scroll through these drool-worthy looks that’ll make your karwa chauth 2021 extra special.
Dolled up Red
Don the unconventional look similar to Priyanka Chopra’s retro-style polka dotted saree teaming up with vermillion red lips. The overall ensemble by Sabyasachi Mukherjee gives us the top-notch inspiration for karwa chauth 2021.
Get the Look:
- Prep your skin with an illuminating moisturizer and prime up your skin with the SUGAR The Most Eligiblur Smoothing Primer to quench dry skin, blur pores and create an even base for the makeup application. Blend and stipple a mattifying foundation and follow it up with a lightweight concealer like the SUGAR Magic Wand Waterproof Concealer to hide imperfections
- Add warmth to your face with a cool-toned brown powder then, dab your brush in a powdered highlighter and swirl it (with a light hand) on the high points of your cheeks, bridge of the nose and arch of the brows
- To copy the sheen of Chopra’s eyelids, dust off the Champagne Gold shade in the SUGAR Blend The Rules Eyeshadow Palette on your upper eyelids and smudge the brown nude eyeshadow along your crease
- Line your upper lash line with a waterproof eyeliner similar to the Born To Wing Gel Eyeliner
- Nourish your lips with a lip primer to get soft, hydrated lips and pick a bold cherry red for your pout similar to the SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick in shade 10 Cherry Darling. Dab it with your fingers to give a flushed finish.
Nothing beats the charm of chiseled cheeks. If you think about it, Samantha Akkineni’s organza saree by Raw Mango combined with her regal makeup compels us to try this look any time of the year.
Get the Look:
- Start with prepping your skin with a hydrating moisturizer similar to the SUGAR Aquaholic Priming Moisturizers that brightens and plumps your skin before makeup application. Use a velvet finish foundation and conceal dark circles and blemishes with a colour corrector
- Make sure to use a colour corrector according to your skin tone. Then, apply the cream contour stick similar to the SUGAR Face Fwd >> Contour Stick to create chiselled cheeks like Akkineni’s. Dip your brush in a warm toned bronzer similar to the Contour De Force Mini Bronzer in shade 02 Woody Wonder and sweep it along your cheekbones and around your temples and forehead and add some blush on the apples of your cheeks. Blend it all with a damp beauty blender to ensure there aren’t any visible harsh lines
- Line your lips with a nude lip liner and fill in with a rosy pink lipstick that works well with your skin tone. Try your hand on the SUGAR Nothing Else Matter Longwear Lipstick in 10 Rosy Picture
- Line your upper and lower lids (smudge it off) and apply mascara to separate and lengthen your lashes
Deepika Padukone’s decadent ensemble and statement gold choker with matching earrings and kadas level up the glam quotient for every newly-wed. The timeless Raw Mango silk saree paired with her classic smokey eyes adds unexpected pop colour to the look.
Get the Look:
- For a non-cakey matte face like her, start with priming up your face with a hydrating moisturizer. Apply a full-coverage mattifying foundation like the SUGAR Ace Of Face Foundation Stick to camouflage any dark spots and redness. Then, use a brush to press the setting powder into your skin. It’ll absorb oil and provide long-lasting glam. Use a lightweight translucent powder similar to SUGAR All Set To Go Translucent Powder and dab it on the oil-prone areas. Swirl a warm coral blush like the SUGAR Contour De Force Mini Blush in shade 05 coral climax on your cheeks with the help of a big fluffy brush and follow it up with a bronzer to sculpt those cheekbones and add definition
- Get fierce brows with intense brow powder to fill in the sparse areas. To recreate the signature Padukone’s dramatic eyes, start with lining the upper lash line using a thick kohl pencil similar to the SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl to create a flick going outwards and do the same with the lower lash line. Smudge it with your fingers
- Use a beige lip shade for your pout. Begin with lining your lips with the SUGAR Lipping On The Edge Lip Liner in shade 01 Taffeta Terracotta and complete the look by applying a similar shade of matte lipstick
Unite your traditional self with a sartorial elegance by recreating Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s memorable red and golden floor-length Anarkali dress designed by Masaba Gupta. Needless to say, elegant nude lips and red bindi is one of the striking festive picks.
Get the Look:
- Give your face a quick massage with a rich hydrating moisturizer and follow it up with the pore minimizing primer. Next, use a dewy finish foundation and buff a light layer all over your face. Don’t forget the neck. Dab and blend the concealer that matches your skin tone on the areas that demand coverage
- Press a bronze eyeshadow all the way from your lash line to your crease and follow up with a rustic gold shade that you can find in the SUGAR Blend The Rules Eyeshadow Palette – 02 Warrior on the upper lash line, and blend upward. Highlight the inner corner of your eyes with a highly pigmented highlighter. Complete the eye look with loads of mascara
- Contour like a pro using a bronzing powder across your temples, cheekbones and jawline to get a sculpted face like Kapoor’s. Accentuate your pout, outline your lips with a nude lip liner and apply a matte lipstick similar to the SUGAR Good Moodies Lip Crayon in shade 03 Body Positive. Add in the gloss to complete the regal look. Hey! Don’t forget to add a red bindi!
When in doubt, go for monochrome. Bookmark Kareena Kapoor’s asymmetrical satin dress by Materiel Tbilisi paired with au naturel, simple and chic makeup that’ll leave everyone agape.
Get the Look:
- Prep your skin with a moisturizer and lather a mattifying primer, especially on your T-zone. Then buff a light layer of full coverage foundation like the SUGAR Rage For Coverage 24Hr Foundation that gives you a seamless matte finish all day long. To get perfectly groomed brows like Kapoor’s, use a brow pencil to fill in sparse gaps
- Bronze your forehead, temples, cheekbones and nose with a matte brown shade that you could find in a palette like the SUGAR Contour De Force Face Palette. Pop the pink blush on your apples and warm up with a creamy highlighter. Swirl the warm pastel pink eyeshadow on your crease line and create a classic winged liner and smudge it a little
- Next, curl your lashes with 2-3 coats of long lasting mascara similar to the SUGAR Lash Mob Limitless Mascara
- Hydrate your lips with a shea butter lip balm. Pucker up your lips by outlining and filling in with a nude pink shade similar to the SUGAR Mettle Satin Lipstick in 02 Elizabeth