Tying a knot is the most enchanting thing in the world, of course, other than lehengas or gowns covered in sequins, lace, and pearls. We usually heed to find a perfect dress but often forget that every detail of the bride’s look matters, mainly the bridal makeup. Don’t you want to doll up as an elegant diva for the most important day of your life?
Although you have carte blanche to experiment with everything that makes heads turn your way, bridal makeup looks can be tricky. Glowy but not shiny, glitzy liner or bedazzled lipstick, substitute the wings for soft and smokier lids and many more. This vacillating trauma in the quest of putting together the best bridal makeup unlike any other can be daunting. But lovely brides, look no further than this round-up of prettiest wedding makeup ideas inspired from the gorgeous B-town brides for your nuptial.
Slay with Aesthetic Smokey Eyes
If you are (like us) fan-girling over Deepika Padukone’s Konkani wedding look in dull gold and red Kanjeevaram saree with Sabyasachi silk veil, then ladies, you are at the right place. She wore intricate jewellery with layered neckpieces to accessorize her look. Her long-time makeup artist, Sandhya Shekhar, eschewed the trendy peach makeup for intense black kohl eyes and taupe lips that complimented her doe eyes and dusky complexion.
Get the look:
- Make sure to prime and moisturize your skin well so that your makeup goes flawless
- Follow up with a full coverage foundation to leave skin smooth and virtually poreless
- Apply a transfer-proof concealer like SUGAR Magic Wand Waterproof Concealer under your eyes and set it with translucent or banana powder
- Swirl the blush in warm neutral shade with a big fluffy brush on your cheeks and don’t skip the bronzer to get defined cheekbones. Frame your face by filling in the brows and brush it off with a spoolie
- Hold your breath, not quite literally, for the star of the show—the sultry smokey eyes. First, tight line your lids with SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl and smudge it in an upward direction
- Grab a dense shadow brush and apply a light gold eyeshadow over the smudged kohl. Add 3-4 coats of volumizing mascara to add more drama to your eyes.
- Compliment your lips with a cool-toned taupe-nude lipstick to finish off the look
Go Au Naturel Glam
It’s alright if you’re not a glitter queen, don’t force yourself because it’s your wedding day. An au naturel complexion is just as glam and prodigal as its shimmery counterpart; apparently, it’s a holy-grail formula for natural bridal makeup. Don’t believe us. Check Anushka Sharma out. The most talked bride of 2017 walked down the aisle in a blush pink Sabyasachi lehenga encrusted with pink rhinestones and motifs of lotus flowers. Apart from her stunning flower-adorned hairstyle, her makeup got a lot of buzz. Puneet B Saini, her trusted makeup artist, kept her makeup soft and elegant, focusing on peach-pink tones.
Get the look:
- The foolproof secret to a luminous, fresh finish is prepping up with the right primer. After massaging your face with a hydrating moisturizer, use SUGAR Aquaholic Hydrating Primer for non-greasy and glowing skin like her
- Even out the skin tone with a water-based foundation or CC cream and conceal dark circles and blemishes
- Prep the T-zone and under-eye area with translucent powder to keep your base fresh all day long
- Swirl the rosy peach blush similar to Contour De Force Mini Blush in shade Pink Pinnacle on those gorgeous cheeks
- Neatly draw hair-like strokes, carefully filling your brows thicker than usual and comb it with a spoolie
- Keep the eyeshadow muted choosing light mauve and pink hues. Line your lower and upper waterline with dark brown shadow and add kajal to accentuate your eyes
- Use a nude lip liner to add dimension to your lips, and then apply nude lipstick straight from the bullet
Enthral with Red Ensemble
With pastels taking the bridal makeup with a storm, Priyanka Chopra’s velvety deep red lips amp up the glam quotient. After looking at her glittery red lehenga by Sabyasachi with hand-cut organza flowers, and french knots in silk floss, we just can’t stop adorning her. To match her western-inspired veil, her makeup artist Mickey Contractor chose the bold brow with a red hue for eyes, cheeks and lips to match her bright statement outfit.
Get the look:
- Prep and prime the skin with a hydrating moisturizer and mattifying primer
- Colour correct dark circles, spots and blemishes with SUGAR Face Fwd >> Corrector Stick. After blending, go over with long wear concealer and buff it nicely
- Apply a long-wear foundation, blend it with a damp sponge, and set the face with translucent powder, focusing on the T-zone and under-eye area
- Dust off the matte bronzer on the edges of cheekbones and down the nose. Use a cream blush, swirling it onto the tops of your cheeks
- Dip your angled brush in brow powder like SUGAR Arch Arrival Brow Powder and fill it making soft upwards strokes mimicking hair
- Buff a taupe-hued matte eyeshadow on the entire lid, then follow along with darker browns on the crease. Use dark kohl and fill in the water line. Then, finish off the eye makeup look with long lash mascara
- Let’s reveal the star. For heavy lip pigment, use the tip of your lipstick and fill in with a red shade like SUGAR Nothing Else Matter Longwear Lipstick in Red Flag. Use a lip liner one shade darker to define your pout
Glam up Traditional
If you are the kind of bride who wants it all on her special day, Isha Ambani’s bridal makeup look in 16-panelled off-white ghagra with red sequin tulle dupatta should be your pick. Her makeup artist Vardan Nayak wanted a more naturally glam look for the Ambani daughter. Aiming to keep a fresh-faced look with shimmery eyeshadow and winged liner harkens back to the classic age of wedding glamour.
Get the look:
- Start with gel-cream moisturizer and follow with an illuminating primer for an all-over glow.
- Apply a velvety base with a high coverage foundation like SUGAR Rage For Coverage 24Hr Foundation that will hold up sweat and tears. Blend it with a damp sponge to keep the dewy effect.
- Warm-up those cheeks with a subtle pink cream blush to get flushed apples and swipe on a sheer, glistening, creamy highlighter just like Glow And Behold Jelly Highlighter on the high points of your face.
- Fill in the brows to frame your face in an upward direction. Use a light gold eyeshadow to add dimension to the eyes.
- Blend in a brown shade on the edges of your eyes and use a black liner to create a soft smokey eye makeup look and add coats of mascara to lift your lashes
- Prep your lips with hydrating lip balm like Tipsy Lips Moisturizing Balm that’ll give you plumped, hydrated and ever-ready lips for lipstick
- Tap a deep berry red lip hue with fingers to give a stain-like effect
Turn into an Ethnic Enchantress
People have enamoured with South Indian movie star Samantha Prabhu’s nuptial pictures. Her regal vintage sari teamed up with Sabyasachi’s maroon blouse, and rows of gajras stole the show with a picture-perfect beauty look. Sadhna Singh stayed true to Samantha’s beauty aesthetic by styling her traditional ensembles with dewy, glowy makeup, making this bridal look stunning and astonishing.
Get the look:
- After prepping your face with a hydrating primer, choose a medium coverage foundation for your base
- Blend the foundation with a damp sponge and dab a creamy concealer under your eyes and areas prone to dark spots. Seal the look with a translucent powder similar to All Set To Go Translucent Powder
- Swirl a light pink blush on the apples of your cheeks and contour the cheekbones with delicate hands to maintain a natural look
- Use a cream highlighter on your cheekbones, forehead, bridge of your nose and chin and blend it nicely
- Fill in the brows in an upward direction and comb it off with a spoolie
- Use a long-wearing cream eyeshadow in a light, neutral shade for your lids and a thick waterproof eyeliner to line the upper and lower lids
- End your look with a voluminous mascara like Lash Mob Limitless Mascara and swipe a cool-tone nude lipstick on your pout
Get that ethereal glow with these gorgeous wedding makeup ideas, and get ready to walk down the aisle, bride!
Cover image courtesy: Stories by Joseph Radhik